Virginia SOL 5.8
28 Question Cards - Cards should be cut and folded so that the answer is on one side and the question is the on the other. Cards should be placed face up when playing the game. The students can self-check their work as they play.
Setup: Teams each have a set of cards stacked face up in the center of the table.
1. Teacher selects one person on each team to be the Showdown Captain for the first round.
2. The Showdown Captain draws the top card, reads the question, and provides think time.
3. Working alone, all students, including the Showdown Captain, write their answers.
4. When finished, teammates signal they are ready.
5. The Showdown Captain calls, “Showdown.”
6. Teammates share and discuss their answers.
7. The Showdown Captain leads the checking
8. If correct, the team celebrates; if not, teammates tutor, then celebrate.
9. The person on the left of the Showdown Captain becomes the Showdown Captain for the next round.