This product is both rich in content and fun to do (so my students affirmed)!
Included are 12 Area and Perimeter Worksheets (with Answers) PLUS a FREE "Snakes and Ladders" board game.
All items come in an American (Common Core) and a Canadian (Metric) version.
Easy to mark! Have students mark and assess their own work OR mark as a whole class.
Check out the preview for a thumbnail sample of each page.
Skills addressed in this product include:
- Define area and perimeter
- Fill in the blanks with the correct vocabulary
- Find the area and perimeter of a rectangle (with grid)
- Find the area and perimeter of irregular shapes (with grid)
- Find the COMBINED area of various shapes on a grid
- Estimate the area of irregular shapes
- Draw different shapes with the same area and same perimeter on a grid
- Draw shapes with specific perimeters and areas
- Determine perimeter by arranging tables
- Calculate the area and perimeter of a rectangle (using formulas)
- Calculate the area and perimeter of irregular shapes (using formulas)
- Find the length of the missing side
- Identify the correct unit of measurement for a given situation
- Identify synonyms for perimeter (as distinguished from area)
- Calculate and draw conclusions on content related to "SAME AREA DIFFERENT PERIMETER / SAME PERIMETER DIFFERENT AREA"
- Solve Higher Level Thinking Word Problems (that draw on other topics like fractions and money)