These task cards have been designed to challenge students to calculate the area of squares, rectangles and triangles. I like to use them as a center activity for independent or collaborative practice during my lessons.
This is a 2-in-1 Task Card Pack that meets and exceeds common core standards for grades 5,6 and 7.
It includes 48 task cards with answer sheets and answer keys for self assessment.
Differentiation of these cards includes the following tasks:
1. Questions that focus on how area can be calculated using 1 cm squares.
2. Questions on calculating answers without using 1 cm squares.
3. Questions that require higher order thinking skills i.e. how to find the missing side if one side and the area is given.
4. Questions that requires an explanation.
5. Real life problem solving questions
6. Activity questions that guide students to understand how to calculate area etc.
If you buy this product you will be able to download future upgrades for FREE.
More cards and questions will be added in the future.
Please rate this product and follow EduGuru!
You can click below for access to similar product that you will also find very helpful in your class:
3D Solids Task Cards
Pattern Task Cards
Area of Triangles Task Cards
Transformations Task Cards
Volume of Rectangular Prisms Task Cards
Multiplication and Division Task Cards
Area and Circumference of Circles Task Cards Pack
Area of Composite Figures Task Cards
Thank you for your support!