Also included in
- Middle school math teachers - here are 18 hands-on, engaging math resources including foldable papers, task cards, Interactive Student Notebook activities, and worksheets for grades 6 - 8! HUGE collection of 18 highly rated math resources! Recent updates and facelifts on many of the resources!These$15.00$30.00Save $15.00
This Area of a Triangle activity uses silly - but memorable and relevant - phrasing to teach students the relationship between triangles and rectangles - they'll remember this activity. Several different formula options are available - choose the one that you use to teach.
Sometimes it’s the silly things that help keep ideas sharp and memorable.
This foldable reference activity - perfect for student interactive notebooks - represents a funny “love triangle” because half #1 of the triangle is looking for his/her other half. The remaining #2 half says, “You complete me!” because when they combine, they make a complete rectangle. Simple, but memorable!
In my district, depending on the grade level and depending on the students, we switch from using the formula A=length x width to Area = base x height. The third option of Area = 1/2 base x height is also included. Choose the option that suits the needs of your class!
There are 6 sets of foldable styles. They’re all similar except for minor details. Choose the option that best suits your needs.
- – Full-sized foldable activity designed to fill out an 8½ x 10-inch paper. It uses the formula Area = base x height. I hole-punch the side of the first page, and students put it in their binders. Colored paper, markers, & crayons make it look fantastic!
- – Small-sized foldable activity – perfect for the smaller sized composition notebooks that many people use for Interactive Student Notebooks. This set uses the formula Area = base x height.
- – Full-sized foldable activity – uses the formula Area = length x width.
- – Small-sized foldable activity – same as set 3, but smaller. It uses the formula Area = length x width.
- - Full-sized foldable activity using the formula Area = 1/2 base x height.
- - Small-sized foldable activity - same as set 5, but smaller. It uses the formula Area = 1/2 base x height.
This resource is not editable by computer
Check out these Middle School Math Resources:
- Middle School Math BUNDLE with Hands-On Foldable Activities and Task Cards
- Percent Proportion and Percent Equation Foldable Activity for Percents and Proportions
- Percent Proportion and Percent Equation Task Cards
- Percent Proportion and Percent Equation Foldable Activity and Task Card BUNDLE
- Distributive Property Mazes With Positive and Negative Numbers – No Prep!
- Percent of Change Task Cards – Tips – Discount - Mark up - Sales Tax