This is an engaging argument essay your students will want to write!
With an important election just around the corner, students are thinking about politics, debates, and voting. So get them writing about this hot topic with an argumentative essay.
Should we lower the voting age?
This common core aligned argument essay includes everything you need from initial research on the topic to the grading rubric. This assignment is ideal for students in grades 6-12.
This zipped file contains all PDF documents:
- A teacher suggestion page
- An argument essay asking if we should lower the voting age
- Textual evidence organizer
- Thesis graphic organizer
- Counterclaim graphic organizer
- Two different essay outlines
- Peer edit form
- 100 point argument essay rubric
- Fill-in-the-blank essay rubric
- A 9 page sources document with five different, credible sources
**Save $$$ and Buy this in a Bundle**
Argument Essay Unit - Student Choice - Four Topics
Looking for more instruction and guidance for your students?
Introduction to Argumentative Writing: a CCSS aligned mini-unit
Argumentative and Persuasive Writing Strategies: Ethos, Pathos, Logos
Understanding Logical Fallacies - CCSS aligned