Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.33 MB | 75+ pages
Argument Essay/Argument Writing Unit. Engage your students with this student choice argumentative essay unit that includes four engaging topics for student to write about.
This unit provides teachers with flexibility when assigning an argument essay. Teachers can either assign this argument essay as a singular essay where students choose one of the four provided topics, or teachers can use this resource throughout the year and assign four individual argument essays.
School Start Times
Cell Phones in the Classroom
Lowering the Voting Age
This common core aligned argument essay includes everything you need from initial research on the topic to the grading rubric. This assignment is ideal for students in grades 6-12.
This zipped file contains all PDF documents:
- A teacher suggestion page
- An argument essay assignment sheet containing all topics
- An argument essay assignment sheet with individual topics
- Textual evidence organizer
- Thesis graphic organizer
- Counterclaim graphic organizer
- Two different essay outlines
- Peer edit form
- 100 point argument essay rubric
- Fill-in-the-blank essay rubric
- A 10 page sources document with seven different, credible sources