Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- This bundle of lessons and activities makes teaching argumentative writing and rhetorical analysis easy! Use bell ringers, paired passages, graphic organizers, task cards, research activities, and Trashketball in these varied lessons to differentiate instruction and meet the needs of individual stud$23.99$48.99Save $25.00
Give students practice with argumentative writing with these bell-ringer handouts that require them to consider evidence for claims, brainstorm counterarguments, and provide possible refutation. Each handout starts with an engaging topic for adolescents, including some of the following:
- cameras for video classes
- distracted driving
- electronics in class
- the high school dropout age
- cyber bullying
- college entrance exam requirements
- learning to code
- drug testing student athletes
- recycling in schools
- lowering the voting age
- banning pit bulls
- requiring preschool
- paying college football players
- forgiving student loan debt
- banning promprosals
- bringing pets to work
- regulating drones
- vaccinating children
- requiring chores
There are 80 topics in total (avoiding cliché topics such as abortion and gun control) and a blank template that allows the teacher or students to write their own claims. If you give one topic per day, these could last you for sixteen school weeks!
Instructions for using the bell-ringers and a sample key for one topic are provided in the resource. Furthermore, several suggestions are provided for using these handouts as other activities.
If you have already purchased my individual argument bell ringer lessons, please note that these are the same prompts on those resources.
Need more activities and lessons for teaching argument and rhetoric? Click the links below:
Meaningful and Memorable English Language Arts by © OCBeachTeacher
All rights reserved by author.
Limited to use by purchaser only.
Group licenses available.
Not for public display.