Argument Writing Prompts - Daily ELA Warm-Ups
- Google Drive™ folder
What educators are saying
Also included in
- While middle school students might be naturals at arguing, teaching them how to read and understand argumentative texts is a different story! With this reading toolkit for informational standard 6.8, you’ll get access to several mini-lessons and activities that break down the elements of an argumentPrice $16.79Original Price $20.49Save $3.70
- Teachers, if you are looking for ways to improve your middle school students' writing skills, I highly encourage you to try using quick writes each day! This bundle will give you four different genres of quick writes - each containing 30 prompts! That's a total of 120 days worth of low-pressure writPrice $13.99Original Price $17.96Save $3.97
Looking to help your middle school ELA students master argument writing? Get your kids thinking about arguments using topics they are familiar with (and love) using this set of argument writing prompts. These quick writes make the perfect bell-ringer activity to practice drafting arguments in less than 5 minutes per day!
✔ Check out the preview for a closer look!
► What’s Included?
- 30 Different Argument Writing Prompts
- 6 Styles of Prompts
- EDITABLE Google Slides
Quick writes are a great way to help your students get their ideas on paper! Not only can they improve students’ writing fluency, but they might also decrease social anxiety when it comes to writing in general. Quick writes are an effective way to kickstart your writing lesson!
► Check Out the Different Prompts...
- 5 "Change My Mind" Prompts (students counter the argument)
- 5 Would You Rather Prompts
- 5 Penny For Your Thoughts (students respond to a question)
- 5 Respond to the Statement Prompts
- 5 Who Would Win? Prompts
- 5 Video Response Prompts
► How Do You Recommend Using These Argument Writing Prompts?
Quick writes are intended to be short, low-pressure sprints in writing.
- Set a timer for 5-10 minutes, read the prompt, and give the students time to write in their journals.
- Don't be afraid to write alongside them!
- At the end of the quick write session, invite students to discuss or share their thinking.
✎ Bonus! Quick Writes also result in a notebook FULL of “seeds” to use for a later, more developed piece of writing.
► You Should Know…
This is a Google Drive product. Your purchase will require you to grant TpT Access to add the file to your Google Drive. If this is a problem for you, please reach out to me at email@example.com after purchasing and I will send you a link to force a copy without granting TpT access.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Alice said, “I love these prompts and so do my students! Such a great resource to use in addition to my lessons! Thank you!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Traci said, “I have been using these Quick Write templates weekly as my students! My students are very engaged in the topics and they can relate to them. They are also handy to assign if they finish with an assignment faster than I planned.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Laura said, “APA Writing- my students literally said "I love these topics! So deep and thoughtful"
Supports Common Core Standards (CCSS):
You might also like these argument mini-lessons:
OR, ⭐️ Bundle & save for a discount ⭐️
Purchase the to get this activity plus the mini-lessons listed above!
Have a question?
Please check out the Q & A section or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I'll get back to you within 24 hours.
Don't forget to leave feedback! I love to hear what my buyers have to say, how the product worked for them, and any feedback I can use to improve my product! (It also earns you points towards future TPT Purchases)
✔️ Follow me to be notified when I've posted new products. New products are always 50% off for the first 48 hours!
✔️ Subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for tips, ideas, and activities that make teaching middle school ELA feel engaging and purposeful.
Thanks so much,
Copyright © Hey Natayle.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.