Common Core Argument Writing and Rubrics Aligned with the PARCC Standards and Guidelines for Grades 9-10
This is a bundle that includes my Argument Writing Common Core Grades 6-12
pack, which includes organizers, infographics, outline, instructions for writing a strong argument paper, and Common Core Argument Writing STUDENT GUIDE for Grades 6-12
This download builds on those resources for writing and grading argument essays, incorporating specific Common Core standards rubrics and student checklists for grades 9-10.
In addition, I aligned the PARCC assessment categories with my rubrics AND incorporated the language and reading strands, which practice the same skills. You will not find a more detailed set of rubrics for assessment and preparation of quarterly exams.
*UPDATED Feb. 2014*
Added 30+ pages and kept the original document, as well. Now has more handouts and options for use, as well as a detailed student guide to writing arguments. Exemplar texts and examples added.
*Updated March 2014* to include detailed counterclaim writing and additional checklist-style rubrics for ease of grading.
You might like...
• Common Core Bell Ringers Exit Slips Bundle Volume 2
• Common Core Standards Reading Lit and Non-Fiction Graphic Organizers Bundle for Grades 6-12
• Common Core Language (Vocabulary) Activities and Graphic Organizers for Any Class Grades 6-12
• Common Core Standards Reading Graphic Organizers for History/Social Studies (RH) Grades 6-12
• Common Core Speaking and Listening Rubrics and Forms for Grades 6-8
• Common Core State Standards Speaking and Listening Rubrics for Any Subject Grades 9-12
The NGA Center/CCSSO are the sole owners and developers of the Common Core State Standards © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
Created by Tracee Orman
Mrs. Orman's Classroom
Copyright © 2014, Tracee Orman
All rights reserved.