- ARGUMENT WRITING:Introduce the art of writing argument with a visually-pleasing and engaging PowerPoint. Next, distribute a classroom set of the Persuasive Writing and Argument Writing Cheat Sheets to help students understand the fundamentals of the two genres.Then have students plan arguments in p
- Gab & Go Stations: Practicing the Argument Writing Format 2-MINUTE GAB & GO VIDEO: LINK: SETTING UP AND USING GAB & GO STATIONS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR This product contains 40 easy prompts which help students commit the Argument Writing Format to memory. Studies have shown that people have
- Voting from Your Seat and Voting on Your Feet “Voting from Your Seat” and “Voting on Your Feet” are low-prep, high-energy activities that keep every student engaged both mentally and physically. They require students to reflect on a range of topics, designed to elicit a variety of viewpoints.
ARGUMENT WRITING SUPER-SAVER PACK
Each product in this pack is sold separately:
Introduce the art of writing argument with visually-pleasing and engaging presentation slides. Next, distribute a classroom set of the Persuasive Writing and Argument Writing Cheat Sheets to help students understand the fundamentals of the two genres. Then have students plan arguments in pairs. Finally, have students practice the argument format by interacting with engaging Gab & Go Stations and Voting Games.
What do you get?
#1: Persuasive Writing and Argument Writing Cheat Sheets
Purpose: To help students understand the fundamentals of the two genres
Categories on the Cheat Sheets include: 1) Purpose, 2) Strategy, 3) Phrases, 4) Style and Essential Elements.
#2: 20 Paired Activity Planning Cards
Purpose: To give step by step support to student pairs as they plan an argument piece
Each card includes: 1) a Topic/Issue, 2) Getting Started Information, and 3) a Research Planning Guide.
#3: An Introductory PowerPoint (pdf format * PowerPoint version has just been added.)
Purpose: To help students internalize the components of Argument Writing
#4: 40 Gab & Go Argument Writing Format Practice Posters (Paperless model: Display slides on computer screens.)
#5: Gab & Go Log Sheets (Word Doc)
#6: 8 Station Number Cards and 3 Gab & Go Event Posters
#7: 2 Sets of Directions:
How to Host Gab & Go Sessions (Step by Step Directions)
How to Set Up Year-Round Stations (Video and Text Versions)
Additional Materials: Collaborative Argument Planning Sheet and Full-size versions of the Paired Activity Planning Cards
#8: Voting from Your Seat and Voting on Your Feet includes:
1. Directions for “Voting from Your Seat”
2. Directions for “Voting on Your Feet”
3. Directions for “ Wish Seekers vs. Decision Maker” (extension activity)
4. Three Wall Posters (Agree – Disagree – Agree & Disagree)
5. Four-Paneled Personal Position Folder
6. Templates for Assigned Position Cards
7. 12 Easy Practice Topics
8. 12 Intermediate Practice Topics
9. 12 Challenge Practice Topics
10. Wish Seekers and Decision Makers Game
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button.
Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
***Look for the red star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store.
Thanks for stopping by,
ELA Seminars and Secrets of Teaching