Part of the English Language Arts standards are for students to be “college ready”. It is so important for students to know how to properly argue a topic they feel strongly about, and secondly, they need to know how to produce and argue a strong debate. The key to being able to do this is understanding the writing technique for the argument.
I took the time to simplify this process for my students, and I wanted to share this process with you. My students really appreciated the way I introduced writing an argument, and they have expressed that it is simple and easy. I hope you find it just as useful and engaging.
Included in the product:
1. three brainstorming worksheets
2. a poster defining argument writing for your classroom
3. an argument writing printable for quick reference
4. a sample argument essay for student reference
5. a Mad Lib’s style writing template for successful argument writing
6. full activity for student practice with articles and a brainstorming worksheet
I hope you enjoy this! Check out the preview!