Also included in
- Teaching Writing in Secondary ELA: Cover all the major writing strands in your middle school or high school English class with this Ultimate Writing Bundle.This download provides writing instruction for an entire year!This bundle includes everything you need to teach your students the three discipli$24.99$30.97Save $5.98
- This digital argument writing unit includes my traditional argument writing unit and my digital argument writing resource that works with Google Drive!The digital SMARTePlans version includes:- ePlan teacher instructions (GoogleDrive and Microsoft OneDrive) - a link to 15 slides of argument writing$12.99$16.98Save $3.99
- Argument Writing Unit: This unit is common core aligned and includes everything you need to teach your middle and high school students about argumentative writing including persuasive strategies, ethos, pathos, and logos, and more.This unit focuses on building better arguments and stronger writers b$22.99$29.24Save $6.25
- A Secondary ELA Curriculum Bundle that offers both traditional print and Google digital resources for middle school ELA and high school English!Engage your students digitally with this traditional print and Google-based secondary English language arts curriculum bundle. This secondary English resour$349.99$636.83Save $286.84
- This writing unit includes 14 of my best writing resources including research paper writing, argument writing, narrative writing, informative writing, and more! This is perfect for the secondary ELA classroom. This writing mega bundle contains all of the writing resources, teaching materials, assign$69.99$88.97Save $18.98
- This secondary English curriculum includes enough materials for an entire year’s worth of high school and middle school English instruction. This includes resources for reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary, and more!**These resources are sold as PowerPoint presentations for instruction and secured$239.99$422.63Save $182.64
Argumentative Writing Unit: This argument writing unit includes everything you need to teach your middle and high school students about understanding nonfiction text and writing an argument essay. This resource includes an editable PowerPoint presentation for direct instruction and supplementary teaching resources, handouts, assignments, and more.
There are two different files in the zipped download.
- An engaging and editable 25-slide PowerPoint presentation
- A PDF document with supplementary materials.
The PowerPoints is a multi-day presentation that teaches students about the basics of argumentative writing and informational texts. This lesson covers the differences between persuasive and argumentative writing, purpose, audience, tone, diction, and the rhetorical triangle. It also includes a guided practice for identifying elements of the rhetorical triangle in President Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address. After teaching students about the basics of informational texts, the PowerPoint guides students through the steps of writing an argumentative essay.
The supplementary material includes:
NEW: Standards-based unit outline
NEW: Argument Essay Writing Sketch Notes
- Two informational text activities (one for the rhetorical triangle and one for diction)
- An argumentative essay assignment with a link to 200 possible topics
NEW: Two new organizers to help students research and plan their essays
- Thesis writing organizer
- Counter argument organizer
- Two argument essay outlines
- An easy-to-understand peer review worksheet
- Two different grading rubrics (one with set and one with fill-in-the-blank points values)
UPDATE: THIS RESOURCE WAS UPDATED ON 6/10/2019
Other informational text lessons that might interest you: