This digital and printable, engaging, and scaffolded unit will take your students through the entire argumentative essay with a student argument writing notebook. Lessons on writing a hook statement, a thesis statement, argument and counter-argument paragraphs, citing evidence, and formal writing. Plus, 5 fun and engaging argument games & a citing text evidence board game! This is also digital resource. It can be used for distance or e-learning. Each unit will contain a Google File Link Page that will provide you with a Google Doc/Slides for each activity. A video tutorial I created will provide you with some tech tools to assist you with delivering the content via distance learning.
☟This Argumentative Writing Unit Includes:☟
1. Complete argument writing notebook (both digital and print) keeps all documents and argument essay graphic organizers for the unit in one place for students.
2. Lesson on writing a quality, engaging hook (lead) statement with fun, interactive hook stations activity to practice the skill before students write their argument essay.
3. Lesson on writing a thesis using the thesis generator I created. This ‘generator’ uses a step by step guide to create an arguable thesis statement using formal writing.
4. Lesson on in-text citation with valuable note-taking documents within the student notebook. This lesson will teach students how to use in-text citations as well as showing them how to seamlessly incorporate evidence within their argument paragraphs.
5. Lesson on crafting an argument with specific graphic organizers for support and strong examples provided with the student argument notebook.
6. Lesson on crafting the counterargument paragraph with the formal 5 point counterargument method. Specific graphic organizers, note taking documents, and strong examples support students as they draft the ideal counterargument paragraph.
7. Graphic organizers take students through the entire argumentative essay.
8. Rubric for assessment and self-assessment.
9. Two beautifully designed class posters: 5 point counterargument model poster and citing sources poster
10. Handouts for supporting students with transition words, strong academic language, persuasive language, citing evidence sentence starters, etc.
11. Amazing Argument Pre-Writing activities with lesson plans, documents, printables, and instructional pages!
12. The Argument Games - five fun, collaborative games for creating arguments, counter-arguments, evaluating perspectives and sufficiency of evidence!
13. Citing and embedding text evidence board game!
14. Google Links Page- digital links to ALL documents for digital classrooms
15. Printable pages for non-digital classrooms
16. Lesson plan and unit outline for teaching this unit.
⛱ No Prep Plans
100+ pages, 100+ Slides
Teaching students to analyze an author’s arguments is a great way to prep for their own argument writing, check out these products!
Save money with these UNIT BUNDLES!