This bundle will take your students through the ENTIRE argumentative writing process, from start to finish!
The set includes the following:
- A warm-up with 2 sample prompts. This will get your students thinking & talking about something that they'd like to convince their school to change (prompts can be changed to suit your needs/preferences).
- A brainstorm sheet that will help them to map out their initial ideas and formulate the content for their essay.
- An outline, which is not only aligned with the Common Core, but was formulated to meet collegiate expectations for argumentative papers.
- A sample essay. On one side, the argument is broken down and labeled by its parts and corresponds to the outline. This gives students model for how each part of the outline should look. On the other side, the parts are synthesized into a paragraph, so that students see how the essay should come together from the outline (*this is a great "at-a-glance" guide for how a standard argument should be written and can be used all year).
- A Self editing guide/checklist
- A Peer editing guide/checklist
- An assignment sheet with a fill-in-the-blank due date, MLA guidelines and sample MLA formatting.
* It pairs well with the Argumentative Writing Notes, which help them to understand the parts of an argument and the fallacies of logic.
* You can re-use all parts of this, and simply change the writing prompt!
* As an added incentive, I had my students vote on the best argument, and published the winner on my school's website.
* This process helps to make the essay easy for teachers to teach, and accessible for student understanding/learning.