Products in this Bundle (4)
Also included in
- You need to teach your Middle School Students the Reading Standards and make sure that there are practice activities, assessments, remediation, and enrichment activities, right? This printable bundle has EVERYTHING you need to teach your middle school students how to USE each of the 8 reading anchor$99.99$139.70Save $39.71
- You need to teach your Middle School Students the Reading Standards and make sure that there are practice activities, assessments, remediation and enrichment activities, right? This has EVERYTHING you need in both printable and digital format for the 8 Reading Anchor Standards! Your students will l$199.99$283.40Save $83.41
- Struggling to find an interactive way to teach your middle school students how to analyze and evaluate argumentative text? Save tons of time with this easy-to-use set of printable and digital resources that come with everything the teacher needs to Teach, Reteach & Enrich based on R.CCR.8/RI.8.$25.00$37.92Save $12.92
Struggling to find an interactive way to teach your middle school students how to analyze and evaluate argumentative text? Save tons of time with this easy-to-use unit that comes with everything the teacher needs to Teach, Reteach & Enrich based on R.CCR.8/RI.8 and is , project-based, and engaging! Comes with !
All the work is done! Just make the copies and teach!
1. Students will learn key argument analysis vocabulary
2. Students will learn a 3-step process to analyze arguments in nonfiction. (This lesson will be the foundation for students to build on as they analyze additional texts throughout the school year!)
3. Students will practice applying the 3-step process with project-based learning menus.
4. Students will be assessed on the skill with a text-based quiz that uses standardized test questions.
✔️ EDITABLE lesson plans (in bonus file)
✔️ Day-by-Day Teacher Script (in bonus file)
✔️ Introduction to the unit (in bonus file)
✔️ Vocabulary worksheets
✔️ Vocabulary Word Wall Cards
✔️ Vocabulary Dominoes Game
✔️ Graphic organizers
✔️ Original texts: "Should College Athletes Be Paid?" and "Pay College Athletes!"
✔️ Pixanotes (interactive guided notes) that teach a 3 step process that students can use with the included texts and .
✔️ PowerPoint that matches the notes
✔️ Processing menu so students can practice what they've learned (and you can differentiate the processing of the content.)
✔️ Answer Keys
✔️ Enhancement Menu for students who scored less than 80% on the quiz and need more practice (differentiated products)
✔️ A video to use for reteaching that can be placed on any school password-protected learning management system like Google Classroom or Canvas.
✔️ Enrichment Menu for students who scored 80% or better (differentiated products)
This bundle now includes a printable maze that you can use as extra practice or even for remediation!
Please see the preview for a closer look!
Students will love this unit because it lays out a plan for analyzing and evaluating argumentative texts with minimal "sit and get" and instead gets students actively engaged in their learning!
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Georgia says "I purchased this because it has everything. All in one place and I do not have to hunt through numerous resources. Thanks!"
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Robin says "Fantastic bundle! This made teaching this unit fun!"
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Brandy says "Great resource that helped when reteaching!"
Supports Common Core Standards:
Delineate and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text, including the validity of the reasoning as well as the relevance and sufficiency of the evidence.
Delineate and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text, assessing whether the reasoning is sound and the evidence is relevant and sufficient; recognize when irrelevant evidence is introduced.
Trace and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text, assessing whether the reasoning is sound and the evidence is relevant and sufficient to support the claims.
Trace and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text, distinguishing claims that are supported by reasons and evidence from claims that are not.
Need DIGITAL materials for Analyzing Arguments?
Have difficulty with a file?
© Mrs. Spangler in the Middle (Elizabeth [Lisa] Spangler) All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
Thanks, and Enjoy!