Argumentative Text Passages - Class Pets
Make reading and analyzing argumentative text fun with these engaging argumentative passages about classroom pets. These high-interest argumentative text passages are perfect for helping your students identify the author’s claim, the intended audience, and the facts that are used to support the argument.
The passages present both sides of the argument about the pros and cons of having classroom pets. Take the analysis further by having your students use the fifth response sheet to evaluate and compare the arguments made by the opposing sides.
Do NOT purchase these passages if you already have my Argumentative Text Bundle OR my Argumentative Text Interactive Notebook and my Argumentative Text Unit.
- The passage titled "The Ultimate Classroom Helper" is inside my Argumentative Text Interactive Notebook.
- The passage titled "Please Don't Bring That Animal into Your Classroom" is the assessment inside the Argumentative Text Unit.
- These passages have been separated out in this product to give teachers the option to purchase the passages without the instructional pieces in those products.
⭐️ What You'll Get:
- 2 Original, High-Interest Argumentative Text Passages
- 2 Styles of Response Sheets for Each Passage
- 1 Response Sheet for Evaluating and Comparing the Argumentative Passages
- Answer Keys for All Response Sheets
⭐️ These Argumentative Passages Are Perfect for:
- Whole Group Instruction
- Partner Work
- Extra Practice
Check out the preview to learn more about these argumentative text passages!
LA. 3.9Ei, 3.9Eii, 3.9Eiii
LA. 4.9Ei, 4.9Eii, 4.9Eiii
⭐️ Bundle & Save with a 20% Discount ⭐️
Purchase the Argumentative Text Bundle to get these passages plus a 5-Day Argumentative Text Comprehensive Unit, Argumentative Text Interactive Notebook Pages, Argumentative Text Passages About Video Games, Argumentative Text Task Cards, and Fact and Opinion Task Cards.
✨ All my new products are 50% off for the first 24 hours. Click here to follow my store and receive notifications when I create something new so you don't miss out on the savings.
I’d love to hear from you if you have any questions, issues, or requests!
❤ Laura Heinen
Copyright © Cultivating Critical Readers, LLC.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.