Need a facelift for your argumentative text curriculum? This resource includes multiple activities (printable through PowerPoint and digital version in Google Slides) for analyzing and writing argumentative text! It will have your students thinking critically about valid claims, intended audiences, credible sources, supporting evidence, and opposing claims. Most of the activities are available to print or assign digitally via Google Slides.
⭐PERFECT FOR LEARNING IN A DIGITAL CLASSROOM!⭐
Included in the resource:
- List of mentor texts to use as read-alouds
- Mentor Text Analysis activity
- Mentor Text Evaluation activity
- Definitions & Terms resource sheet (printable & Google Slides version)
- 3 samples of argumentative text (printable & Google Slides version)
- Analysis activity for the sample texts, including answer keys (printable & Google Slides version)
- Brainstorming template for writing argumentative text (printable & Google Slides version)
- Rough draft template for writing argumentative text (printable & Google Slides version)
- Final copy writing paper (printable & Google Slides version)
- Scoring rubric for essays
- A student how-to video is embedded in the Google Slides version to guide your students through completing the activities!
Check out the preview and thumbnails for a peek at what's included in the resource!
⭐PLUS A TEACHER HOW-TO VIDEO FOR USING THE RESOURCES IN YOUR GOOGLE SLIDES FOR DISTANCE LEARNING!!!⭐
This product comes in a compressed file that must be UNZIPPED to view the multiple resources in the file. Please click HERE for instructions on how to unzip ZIP files.
A Google account is REQUIRED and working knowledge of PowerPoint, Google Drive, and Google Slides is recommended for using the digital version of this product!
Check out the preview and the thumbnails to see more of what's included in the resource!
Please leave feedback and let me know how the product worked for you! You will earn TPT credits to use on future products! Follow my TPT store for updates on new products, discounted products, and sales. Click on the “Follow” tab on the top of the page! You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and the Mommy Is A Teacher blog for supplemental resources, ideas, flash freebies, and MORE!
The fine print:
Purchase of this product entitles the purchaser the right to reproduce the pages in limited quantities for one classroom’s use only. Duplication for multiple users is strictly prohibited without written permission from the seller. Multiple licenses are available for purchase in my TPT store at a discounted price.