Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
11.46 MB | 70 pages
Argumentative writing assignment for German students. Students investigate nutrition and balanced diets then determine if obesity is a problem and then defend their answer. Goes along with any unit that includes a discussion of food, drinks and desserts.
- Concept Attainment activity where students determine the difference between two groups of food (healthy vs unhealthy - presented as a Power Point)
- Food pyramid activity where students sort different food items into groups and determine which food groups are more important
- Homework assignment where students keep track of what they eat for a day and determine if what they eat is (un)healthy
- Gesund oder nicht? activity where students analyze other students' eating habits
- Healthy/Unhealthy meals activity (students develop three healthy and three unhealthy meals) - see preview activity
- Wir werden immer dicker (worksheet that goes along with the Deutsche Welle video, available for free)
- Student planning worksheet
- Grading rubric
I have used this assignment with my German 1 class at the end of the year.