Do your students struggle with elaborating on research in body paragraphs? Mine do! With these argumentative writing body paragraph teaching materials, you can help your students understand the components of a body paragraph and the structure of a body paragraph. Additionally, you will be teaching them about how to elaborate on research and how to write transitional sentences.
This argumentative writing resource features:
- A suggested lesson plan that spans 6 days (with 45 minute class periods)
- A body paragraph PDF presentation and partially editable PPT version
- A set of complementary student guided notes
- A body paragraph manipulative activity
- A body paragraph poster and visual reminder
- 2 body paragraph graphic organizers, different versions
- A memorable body paragraph acronym
- A concession paragraph graphic organizer
- A quick entrance slip task card to give students a choice on how they want to learn
- Specific methods and examples for how to build on research in body paragraphs
- 12 task cards to reinforce the 10 elaboration methods
- A lesson on writing transitional sentences with examples
- An exit slip that can be used more than once
- A concession paragraph research activity
- 5 body paragraph examples to evaluate with teacher notes for guidance
In all, this product contains at least five days worth of instruction for a total of 40 pages of materials.You can use all of these argumentative writing body paragraph materials as recommended, or you can arrange and adjust them to meet your students' needs and instructional style.
This argumentative writing body paragraphs teaching tool is ideal for advanced junior high students or the high school level.
THIS RESOURCE IS ALSO INCLUDED IN A LARGER ARGUMENTATIVE WRITING BUNDLE FOR GRADES 7-12.
Looking for more engaging and classroom-tested writing products? Find these in my store:
Writing an Effective Thesis Statement Lesson
Embedding Quotations in Research Papers
Writing Pre-assessment for Middle and High School
Color-Coded Essay Graphic Organizer
The Writing Games! Engaging MLA Research and Writing Skills Dice Game
Argumentative Research Paragraph Instructional Materials
MLA Research and Writing Skills Unit Assessment or Final Exam or Question Bank
Seven Deadly Sins of Sentence Fluency
Rules for Commas & Semicolons
And more here
Stay in touch:
A Couple Tips:
* Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales and new products!
* By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases...bonus! Plus, I'd love to hear from you.
©The Reading & Writing Haven
All rights reserved by author.
Duplication limited to single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.