Do your students struggle with elaborating on research in body paragraphs? Mine do! With these argumentative writing body paragraph teaching materials, you can help your students understand the components of a body paragraph and the structure of a body paragraph. Additionally, you will be teaching them about how to elaborate on research and how to write transitional sentences.
10 items are included in this argumentative writing product:
- A suggested lesson plan that spans 5 days (with 45 minute class periods)
- A body paragraph PDF presentation
- A set of complementary student guided notes
- A body paragraph manipulative activity
- A body paragraph poster and visual reminder
- A body paragraph graphic organizer
- A lesson that will help students understand how to build on research
- 12 task cards to reinforce the 10 elaboration methods
- A lesson on writing transitional sentences
- An exit slip that can be used more than once
In all, this product contains at least five days worth of instruction for a total of 40 pages of materials.You can use all of these argumentative writing body paragraph materials as recommended, or you can arrange and adjust them to meet your students' needs and instructional style.
This argumentative writing body paragraphs product is ideal for advanced junior high students or the high school level.
Looking for more engaging and classroom-tested writing products? Find these in my store:
Writing an Effective Thesis Statement Lesson
Embedding Quotations in Research Papers
Writing Pre-assessment for Middle and High School
Color-Coded Essay Graphic Organizer
The Writing Games! Engaging MLA Research and Writing Skills Dice Game
Argumentative Research Paragraph Instructional Materials
MLA Research and Writing Skills Unit Assessment or Final Exam or Question Bank
Seven Deadly Sins of Sentence Fluency
Rules for Commas & Semicolons
And more here
Stay in touch:
A Couple Tips:
* Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales and new products!
* By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases...bonus! Plus, I'd love to hear from you.
© 2017 The Reading & Writing Haven
All rights reserved by author.
Duplication limited to single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.