The perfect bundle for boosting students' skills in writing smooth, cohesive arguments.
Teachers teaching argumentative writing: don't worry. I get it:
You're going through your pre-assessments, and it's like your students have never seen an outline.
They've got 3 reasons in one paragraph, some with evidence, some with none, and some weak reasoning behind just one piece of evidence.
Students are slapping quotes around like just putting them in there, with no lead-in, no analysis, proved their point.
Those that attempted to include a counterargument forgot to beat it. And most didn't even try.
And their intros and conclusions...whew. Does anyone have time to teach those paragraphs anymore?
If your students papers are in disarray, or you're not sure how to teach students how to up their organization and structure, this bundle is for you.
This pack includes every lesson about structure and organization from my full Argumentative Unit.
The 6 lessons included in this bundle cover:
- Claims, Evidence, and Reasoning* (a lesson that will get kids up and moving)
- Argumentative Outline Lesson*
- How to write from an Outline
- Counterargument Lesson*
- Intros and Conclusions
- Integrating Quotes* (so they're smooth and analyzed)
*Discounted price when bought through this bundle!
Just plug them into your unit and go!
The 6 student handouts included in this bundle are:
- Philosophical Chairs Pre-Thinking Organizer
- Claims, Evidence, and Reasoning Note Guide
- Basic Outline Template
- Advanced Outline Template
- Planning Your Argument Handout
- 4 Parts to the Quote Sandwich Note-taking and Planning Guide
Each lesson plan includes:
- At-a-Glance Lesson Overview
- Content standards
- Language standards
- Detailed lesson plans
- Editable student handouts
- Power point slides
This bundle is included in the following, larger bundle at a discounted price:
You may also be interested in these other argumentative writing products:
- Brainstorming and Outlining Bundle (for Argumentative Writing)
- Revising, Editing, and Peer Feedback Pack (for Argumentative Writing)
- Research Lesson Bundle
- Full Argumentative Writing Unit Plan