Also included in
- Save with this bundle of two large units, Rhetorical Analysis for Every Student. and Argumentation & Persuasion: A Unit for Common Core and AP English Language.AN EVEN BETTER BUY: AP English Language & Composition Product BUNDLE ◈◈◈◈◈Sign up HERE for Angie's EMAIL LIST! Get regular exclusivePrice $29.97Original Price $39.97Save $10.00
- The AP English Language synthesis question requires an understanding of argumentation, synthesis, and smooth source use. This bundle hits all the skills necessary for success for Question 1 on the AP Lang exam.Save $14.00 by combining these three complementary products:Read 'em and Weave: The AP EngPrice $28.97Original Price $42.97Save $14.00
- This bundle offers the six basic instructional resources needed to build an AP English Language & Composition (AP Language or AP Lang) course. Lesson plans are detailed and specific and ready to teach. All six are included in Angie's large AP English Language & Composition Product BUNDLE, buPrice $60.07Original Price $76.94Save $16.87
- This AP English Language & Composition bundle is for the first-time instructor or seasoned teacher who needs to shake things up a bit. It contains 1008 pages of AP Language resources (40 of my AP products!). Priced individually, the value of these products is $226.13 so the BUYER SAVES $67.00 WIPrice $158.97Original Price $226.13Save $67.16
- Teach high school students to write in every rhetorical mode (mode of discourse), including argumentation and persuasion, rhetorical analysis, literary analysis, and seven other modes. This resource contains 450 pages of lesson plans, handouts, prompts, rubrics, and assessments. Materials are alignePrice $58.97Original Price $73.88Save $14.91
- This digital-friendly bundle combines my AP LANG BASICS BUNDLE with my AP LANGUAGE MULTIPLE CHOICE SUPER BUNDLE to form an exam-specific collection of resources for the Advanced Placement English Language & Composition course.Included are detailed units for the three free-response questions, a cPrice $121.97Original Price $158.21Save $36.24
- This AP English Language & Composition CED-aligned bundle is for the first-time instructor or seasoned Lang teacher who needs to shake things up a bit. It contains 1110 pages of AP Language and Composition resources (all 50 of my AP products!). Priced individually, the value of these products isPrice $209.75Original Price $269.17Save $59.42
This thorough, 114-page unit on argumentation and persuasive writing is aligned with Common Core and also prepares students for the AP English Language & Composition (AP Language & Composition) Exam. Each of the 21 lesson plans includes these elements: Materials Needed, "I Can" Statement, Essential Question, Common Core Standards (except 20 and 21), AP English Language & Composition Standards, Activation of Prior Knowledge, Teacher Input, Student Active Participation, and Summary. Lessons are designed to be facilitated in 90 to 120 minutes.
These lesson plans are aligned with the AP English Language & Composition Course and Exam Description.
Directions for Google Drive
Lesson 1: Argumentation vs. Persuasion
Student Handouts A and B
Lesson 2: The Laws of Logic-Deductive Reasoning
Student Handouts C and D
Lesson 3: The Laws of Logic-Inductive Reasoning
Student Handouts E and F
Lesson 4: Logical Fallacies (Part I)
Student Handouts G and H
Lesson 5: Logical Fallacies (Part II)
Student Handout I
Lesson 6: Logical Fallacies (Part III)
Student Handouts J and K
Lesson 7: Classical Argumentation (Part I)
Student Handouts L, M, and N
Lesson 8: Classical Argumentation (Part II)
Student Handout O
Lesson 9: In-Class Persuasive Essay
Student Handout P
Lesson 10: Revisiting Persuasive Appeals
Student Handout Q
Lesson 11: Model Essay: Patrick Henry’s Speech to the Virginia Convention Student Handouts R and S
Lesson 12: Rogerian Argument
Lesson 13: The Toulmin Model
Student Handout T
Lesson 14: Polishing Your Persuasion—Strengthening the Thesis
Student Handouts U and V
Lesson 15: Polishing Your Persuasion—Concession and Refutation
Student Handout W
Lesson 16: Polishing Your Persuasion—Choosing Evidence
Student Handouts X, Y, Z, AA, and BB
Lesson 17: Polishing Your Persuasion--Writing the Introduction and Conclusion
Student Handouts CC, DD, and EE
Lesson 18: Unit Review
Student Handout FF
Lesson 19: Argumentation & Persuasion Assessment
Lesson 20: AP Timed Writing
Lesson 21: Scoring
Student Handout GG
Bonus Material: Researched Persuasive Speech Assignment Sheet and Rubric
Links and Organizer for Capital Punishment
You might also be interested in my Rhetorical Analysis for Every Student unit.
Sign up HERE for Angie's EMAIL LIST! Get regular exclusive freebies, announcements, and a little bit of humor.
Are you a high school English teacher? Come join the Facebook group High School English with Angie Kratzer.
Earn TPT Credits
Every time you make a purchase on Teachers Pay Teachers and leave feedback, you earn credit toward a future purchase. How does it work? After logging in, go to My Purchases and find the Provide Feedback button beside each product. Leave a fair rating and a comment about the resource, and you're done!
Come collaborate with me!