Looking for a meaningful way to wrap up your argumentative writing unit? With this resource, you can help students revise their rough drafts and evaluate example research papers to reflect upon their own areas for improvement.
Included in this argumentative writing resource, you will find:
1. An editable PPT with revising and editing points for when students have a rough draft completed.
2. Two editable example argumentative research papers that you can use to lead students through a final evaluation of their own essay. Ponting out strengths and weaknesses in the examples will help remind students of what they need to adjust in their own research paper.
3. An editable PPT rubric for students' finished essays, which is easy to use.
4. A rubric to help you manage essay revisions realistically.
5. Suggested use notes for teacher.
I recommend these materials for high school students or for advanced junior high pupils, mainly because the vocabulary is high in the example essays. Since they are editable, however, you can adjust their readability.
The example essays and rubric can also be used at the outset of an argumentative writing unit to help students understand the teacher's expectations.
THIS RESOURCE IS ALSO INCLUDED IN A LARGER ARGUMENTATIVE WRITING BUNDLE FOR GRADES 7-12.
If you are looking for more argumentative writing resources, you may be interested in:
Argumentative Writing Topic Choice and Research Questions
Argumentative Thesis Statement Activities
Argumentative Writing Introduction Paragraph Mini Unit
Argumentative Writing Body Paragraph Mini Unit
Argumentative Writing Conclusion Paragraph Lesson
Color-Coded Essay Graphic Organizer
Plagiarism Mini Unit
Embedding Quotations Stations
And more here
Stay in touch:
A Couple Tips:
* Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales and new products!
* By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases...bonus! Plus, I'd love to hear from you.
©Reading & Writing Haven
All rights reserved by author.
Duplication limited to single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.