• Citing evidence/ Identifying Support for Main Ideas
• Justifying/Detecting Bias
• Distinguishing Arguments and Counterarguments
• Ranking & Prioritizing /Evaluating the Relative Strength of Arguments
• Making Inferences/Drawing Conclusions
If you are looking for more differentiation, collaboration, and critical thinking, and feedback, this is a lesson plan you will find very helpful.
The essential skills needed to write an effective argumentative essay are at the core of this lesson plan. Students will be engaged and will actually want to read and reread the text as it is presented to students in interesting and challenging ways.
The lesson plan is easy to implement and provides teachers with multiple opportunities to implement with different content. Teachers are also given a great web-based resource to use for future content ideas to help with argumentative writing success.