This product encourages all grades and subject areas to engage in the argumentative process by forming a statement and supporting it with evidence. Simply choose a statement to present to your students, show the PowerPoint to guide them in the argumentative process, and watch your students naturally argue both sides. This is a great lesson to change up your routine by trying this ready-to-use lesson for any time. This product includes the following:
* PowerPoint to guide argumentative discussion (14 slides)
* Worksheet to scaffold discussion (2 page)
Examples of statements teachers can use (you can tell I'm a science teacher):
* Earth Science: "Astronauts should travel to Mars for space exploration."
* Life Science: "Zombies--although not real--would be considered a living thing."
* Physical Science: "The human body exists in the solid state of matter."
Warning: students will get very excited and not want to end the conversation.
1. Make sure to extract file in order to open the zipped file.
2. If you purchase this product and the unit bundle, please note you will be purchasing duplicates so buy the bundle and save time and money!
4. To view the PowerPoint, open the PDF, click on “View” and then on “Full Screen Mode.”
Check out my other lessons you can use for most grades and subjects:
Generic Philosophical Chairs Activity
Vocabulary Review Game
Create your own Board Game
Winter Holiday Season Writing Activity- Philosophical Chairs
I ♥ Followers!
Be the first to know about store discounts, free products, and product launches! Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the “Follow Me” star under The Teacher Time Saver. Don't forget to leave a review too!
The Teacher Time Saver