Proud to share my most recent Power Point entitled "Arithmetic Sequences" intended for student enjoyment and learning. The lesson is appropriate for instruction relative to Algebra, and Pre-Calculus.
* Students will clearly define and give an original example of an "arithmetic sequence"
* Students will understand the terms used in solving various components within an arithmetic sequence (terms, first term, common difference, General Term)
* Students become familiar with the formula used to determine the common difference, the first term, the nth term, and they become proficient in using the General Term to calculate any term in the arithmetic sequence.
* Students learn two ways to generate an arithmetic sequence; one by algebraic calculations and the other by graphing..
* Students learn that the Common Difference is the same as the slope on the graph.
* Students learn that the Initial Term is the same as the y-intercept on the graph.
* Students are enlightened by the fact that the General Term in an arithmetic sequence, being a linear function, can be written in function notation.
* This lesson is aligned with CC Standards and "Across the Curriculum"
* I have included 20 GUIDED NOTES for students' active participation; these guided notes provide easy access for preparing for tests/quizzes/finals.
Thank you, and please enjoy.
LOVE TO TEACH!