ARIZONA ANIMALS UNIT:
Arizona Animals is a State Standard-aligned Resource with NINE COMPLETE Content-Based lessons. For less than $2.80 per lesson, we've packed Arizona Animals with all of the Nonfiction Informational Text and a balanced mix of higher and lower level hands-on activities that students need to learn about Arizona Animals:
• Questions after each of the 9 lessons to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• Journal Writing using Close Reading techniques to increase Comprehension
• Thematic Map Skills using pictures and symbols
• Data Collection and Graphing activities
• Grid Math using Number and Letter Coordinates to solve puzzles
• Classification activities highlighting Structural and Behavioral Adaptations
• Arizona Animals Research Project to make and play the game Find the Fib
• Vocabulary Activities and Quizzes
In addition, students will enjoy making and playing the game Adaptation Match-Up to reinforce concepts learned while studying about Structural Adaptations, Behavioral Adaptations, Mimicry, and Camouflage~all game materials and instructions included!
The Animal Kingdom
Arizona Large Mammals
Arizona Small Mammals
Arizona Fish and Reptiles
We've included a context-appropriate Arizona Animals Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher level Arizona activities.
Download the Arizona Animals Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, State and Common Core Standard Alignment, and sample Arizona Animals lessons and activities.
OUR OTHER ARIZONA AND SOUTHWEST STATE RESOURCES:
ARIZONA GEOGRAPHY UNIT
ARIZONA HISTORY UNIT
ARIZONA GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY UNIT
SOUTHWEST REGION INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK BUNDLE
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING ARIZONA ANIMALS EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2015-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.