Arizona History is a State Standard-aligned Resource with SIX COMPLETE lessons of Nonfiction Informational Text. For less than $3.85 per lesson, we've packed this Bundle with a balanced mix of engaging higher and lower level hands-on activities that students need to learn about Arizona History:
• Questions after each lesson to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• Language Skills activities to reinforce Literacy in Social Studies
• Thought-Provoking Discussion Questions that encourage Critical Thinking
• Reference Map Skills utilizing Cardinal and Intermediate Directions
• Historical Time Lines using Picture Cues – great for ELL Students
• Creative and Expository Writing assignments
• Grid Math using Number and Letter Coordinates to solve Grid Puzzles
• Vocabulary activities and quizzes
In addition, students will practice Functional Text Comprehension by following written directions to assemble miniature models of Hohokam and Anasazi dwellings and villages – all patterns and step-by-step instruction included!
Arizona's Ancient Peoples
Spanish in Arizona
Americans in Arizona
The Mexican War
Arizona's Territorial Days
We've included a context-appropriate Arizona History Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher level activities.
Download the Arizona History Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, State Standard Alignment, sample lessons, and activities.
OUR OTHER ARIZONA AND SOUTHWEST STATE RESOURCES:
ARIZONA GEOGRAPHY BUNDLE OF EIGHT LESSONS
ARIZONA ANIMALS BUNDLE OF NINE LESSONS
ARIZONA GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY BUNDLE OF TEN LESSONS
SOUTHWEST REGION INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK BUNDLE
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING ARIZONA HISTORY EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2012-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.