Engaging readers is key in the elementary classroom, and this comprehension packet will have your emergent and early readers building comprehension skills while having fun! This set of materials was made to extend your reading activities with the story by Jan Brett.
Your readers will focus on identifying key story details, story elements, story sequence and recall, character details, feelings, and more! Perfect way to target comprehension skills or assess comprehension! There are lots of WH questions in this set of materials!
Game materials are available in color and black and white!
Use this for...
- book discussions in a small group setting
- independent learning stations and literacy centers
- SLP reading activities: lots of WH questions in this set!
- guided reading
- SUB tub materials
- all materials in color and black and white (so you can save some ink!)
- 30 comprehension question cards in color
- Answer Key *in color and black and white **great for your sub tub
- Game Board in color
- Spinner in color
- 30 Comprehension question cards in black and white
- Game Board in black and white
- Spinner in black and white
- Follow-Up Activity:
- True or False? Read the statements and decide if they are true or false! (2)
- Bo or Harmony Jean? Read each of the sentences and then color in the character who it is describing. *includes a graphic of a cowgirl and an armadillo after each statement for children to color in