Also included in
- Engage students and cultivate understanding with this bundle of book studies. This resource features six different award-winning books featuring plots and themes dealing with race. Use the material for differentiated literature circles or as a set for whole-class learning. Each resource provides a w$40.99$48.94Save $7.95
Over 60 pages of Common Core aligned resources specifically tailored to the text. This complete unit connects to 24 different standards, models comprehension skills for independent reading, and encourages readers to move beyond basic comprehension.
Sometimes the best friends comes from the most unexpected places.
Set in Los Angeles during the 1970s, Armstrong & Charlie centers around the first year of the school system integration program. Thrown together with seemingly little in common, Armstrong and Charlie learn how to navigate middle school and wind up becoming friends. One of my personal favorite books of all time! Students will love the humor, honesty, and heart-warming friendship in this book.
THIS STORY TREKKER NOVEL STUDY WILL:
- Celebrate diverse literature
- Provide complete support to teachers
- Make it easy to introduce a new novel into the curriculum
- Enhance literacy and writing skills
- Model comprehension strategies
- Incorporate literary elements and terms
- Encourage critical thinking
- Adapt and accommodate for a wide range of reading levels
THIS RESOURCE INCLUDES:
- Comprehension skill bookmark for student reference
- Pre-Reading Activities: introduces the book and its themes
- Reading Road Maps: These resources are specific text-centered questions. that feature one comprehension skill and include an exact page reference for added support. Complete answer key included.
- Enrichment Activities: Each section of text includes 1-3 activities. These activities reach a variety of learning styles and levels. They focus on character development, plot structure, text analysis, creative and critical thinking, point of view, author style, and more.
- Vocabulary Words: These words are taken from the text, complete with page number reference and definition.
- Vocabulary Activities: These activities provide opportunity for students to dig deep into meaning, connotation, etymology, and usage.
- Task Cards: Use these for flexible or differentiated instruction.
- Culminating Projects: These assessment tools require critical thinking, text analysis, and in some cases creative expression. They provide for differentiation. Each project comes with its own rubric.
- Quick Quiz: This quiz is a fast way to assess comprehension. It hits the major themes of the book in a succinct, efficient way.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Full of Beans by Jennifer L. Holm
Granny Torrelli Makes Soup by Sharon Creech
Beyond the Bright Sea by Lauren Wolk
Blog posts for inspiration, information, and ideas
Pinterest boards at Story Trekker that focus on exceptional ELA resources
Updates and interactions on Facebook and Instagram
And finally…THANK YOU!
I’m grateful that you’ve taken the time to check out this resource. I always want to make sure that my resources work hard for you, so I value your thoughtful feedback (and you get TpT credits toward future resources – BONUS!). If you’re so inclined, follow me to get the inside scoop on new resources and future sales. Thanks so much for your support and continued interest!