Between a Rock and a Hard Place
This 25-slide PowerPoint works wonders in creating a meaningful group discussion about Aron Ralston's novel! Each slide contains a powerful question and relevant pictures to evoke higher-level thinking from students.
Use the slides in the following ways:
1. Give each student a different question to explain.
2. Use select questions for class debate.
3. Give students each a different question as a writing prompt.
4. Divide students into groups and give a few questions to each group.
5. Use one slide each day throughout the unit as a warm up.
This presentation is a mixture of questions that can be used throughout reading and questions that are best after the book is finished.