Around the World Language Unit for Upper Elementary & Middle School
What educators are saying
Also included in
- SLPs, have you just been assigned to a middle school placement for the first time? Or perhaps you have been in a middle school setting, but need new speech-language therapy ideas?This giant 545 page bundle is exactly what you need! The eleven items included in this bundle will allow you to targetPrice $87.40Original Price $109.25Save $21.85
- This is a money saving bundle of 7 of my SLP Mini Units, which are designed to specifically target one or more language skills for multiple weeks over time. Offered at a 10% discount from the regular prices ($85), this bundle includes:Stuttering Mini UnitSynonyms Mini UnitConjunctions Mini UnitIrrePrice $76.50Original Price $85.00Save $8.50
SLPs, are you looking for a novel way to target your students' language goals, while tying in social studies curriculum and valuable world knowledge? This set of comprehensive activities will provide you with language materials your 4th - 8th grade students for multiple sessions (from two to three months, depending upon the age of your students and number/length of your sessions). It's great for mixed language groups, as there are a variety of skills that can be targeted in each session, depending on the needs of each student.
What is included?
- World Fact Book: This 23 page PDF file is the basis for all of the other activities. It has a page for each of 14 countries around the world, including: Mexico, Canada, Peru, Argentina, Brazil, England, Ireland, France, Italy, South Africa, Egypt, China, Thailand, and Australia. The country pages feature maps, flags, real pictures of landmarks, and interesting information about each country. There are also two pages with important definitions, directions on how to read maps, and other relevant information that students need to know for the unit. This is best printed in color.
- Around the World Activities: This PDF file includes 45 different companion activities, targeting a variety of language skills. Language goals targeted include: describing, opinions, comparing/contrasting, sequencing, grammar, and conjunctions. This file is best printed in black and white.
- Directions: This two page PDF provides guidance and tips on how to best utilize the unit.
Looking for other materials for your middle school language students? Check out my Middle School Bundle.
As with all of products in this store, this is copyrighted by Natalie Snyders. Purchase of this item entitles you to use this in your own classroom/therapy room/SLP assignment only. Copying for other professionals, sharing the file directly via the internet, or re-selling of this item is strictly prohibited. Please direct others interested in using it back to the original source (this page) or purchase a multi-user license.