Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
13.53 MB | 76 pages
This literature unit adapts the original Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne for younger children. It provides an excellent platform to introduce students to their own heritage while exploring various lands and cultures in this wonderful story. Students can have opportunities to develop map skills, increase vocabulary knowledge, build writing skills, and conduct project based learning activities such as choosing a heritage country to research and present as a culmination to the unit. The following is included to help students get the most out of this classic story:
· Unit Discussion Questions
· Interviewing My Family
· Parent Evaluation
· Student Survey
· Vocabulary Words - (emphasis on multiple meaning words) - I print them on cardstock, add Velcro backing, and use them with the flannel board.
· Vocabulary Quizzes and Keys for Chapters 1-8 & Chapters 9-17
· Unit Test
· Venn Diagram Graphic organizer for Book vs Movie
· Venn Diagram Flip Chart for Book vs Movie
· Cause & Effect Book Activity
· Chain of Events Activity for sequencing main events
· Individual Chapter Vocabulary & Comprehension Questions for each chapter