This is my entire Around the World in Eighty Days Novel Unit. A veteran teacher may use this novel unit as a supplement to an existing unit, while a new teacher may see this unit as a starting point when one feels lost without a clear curriculum. I have also tried to make this unit so explicit that any sub could follow along and get quality work from your students while you are away. This would be perfect for an extended leave. This is a full unit, yet only 17 pages because it is created for a digital classroom with links to my digital resources. Get all of my Around the World activities plus my planning resources right here!
This novel unit includes the following:
• A detailed explanation of the unit.
• Differentiation ideas for special education and ELL students
• A link to the full text and audio support from Lit 2 Go
• Daily Chapter Assignments
• Bundled editable “Discovering Phileas Fogg in…” worksheets to explore locations from the novel in the past and present
• Weekly reading comprehension quizzes
• My Trip of a Lifetime ELA Research final project
• Examples of 7th grade ELA student work
• Aligned to the Common Core ELA with options to connect to Common Core Math
I hope you find this to be a useful resource for your middle school ELA classroom!
English Middle School Mania