Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This lecture and supporting classroom resources provide an excellent guide to different arranging techniques used by different professional artists. The PowerPoint presentation and PDF versions of the lesson links with a classroom listening task and homework project for students to complete.
In this package:
- Lecture (PowerPoint and PDF versions)
- WORKSHEET - Classroom task with listening exercise.
- ANSWERS – classroom task answers.
- HOMEWORK – Development task linked to lesson, used for homework or assignment
- PRACTICAL TASK - musical classroom task linked to presentation/lesson.
- REVISION – ‘Elements of Music’ sheet
- Video (presentation in video form, used for student revision)
Covered in Arranging Music
- What is Arranging?
- The role of a Musical Arranger
- Elements of Music:
- Contour (how the melody moves and changes)
- ‘Soul Man’ – Sam and Dave - listening Task (linked with worksheet)
- ‘My Girl’ - The Temptations + Otis Redding - listening Task (linked with worksheet)
- Break down of the song ‘My Girl’ - How is it Arranged?
- Classroom Practical Task – Develop your own Arrangement of the song.