This is a 25 question film guide on the movie Arrival that explores language development and its impact on culture.
1. This is perfect for a psychology course, a sociology course, child development course, language course, or linguistic anthropology.
2. Students are first asked to activate background knowledge.
3. Then there are exploratory questions that apply and connect Arrival to content.
4. Lastly, students finish by writing about their own perspective on language development.
5. It is a perfect film to teach a difficult subject with, such as language and culture's intertwined relationship.
6. Answer key included!
“Linguistics professor Louise Banks (Amy Adams) leads an elite team of investigators when gigantic spaceships touch down in 12 locations around the world. As nations teeter on the verge of global war, Banks and her crew must race against time to find a way to communicate with the extraterrestrial visitors. Hoping to unravel the mystery, she takes a chance that could threaten her life and quite possibly all of mankind.” http://www.atlanticbb.net/movies_channel/info.php?movie_id=163831
Official film website: http://www.arrivalmovie.com/