These art history cards feature a selection of inspiring famous art styles from around the world. Each card has a description of the cultural meanings, symbolism or characteristics of the art, along with a prompt that can be used to spark drawing and writing.
There are 7 pages of prompt cards, with two on each page.. for a total of 14 cards.
Print off the cards on cardstock, cut in half and laminate to protect them. You can print off as many copies as you would like. You are welcome to share them with other teachers in your school or district.
Students can use these cards
• in art journals or sketchbooks
• at an art center
• as an enrichment activity
• as an activity with a substitute teacher
• to spark an idea for a larger artwork
• in combination with a creative writing activity (have the kids write a story, poem or statement about their response to the featured artwork)
The cards include:
1. Masks of the Pacific Northwest Coast
2. Matryoshka Dollas (Russia)
3. Greek Vases
4. Molas (Panama and Colombia)
5. Japanese Jomon Pottery
6. Metepec Suns (Mexico)
7. Australian Aboriginal X-ray & Dream Paintings
8. Kente Cloth (Ghana)
9. Russian Architecture
10. Egyptian Hieroglyphs
11. Henna Designs (Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka)
12. Cave Paintings
13. Japanese Kimonos
14. Pysanky Eggs (Ukraine)
Be sure to check out my other Art History Sketchbook Prompt Cards
This is part of a MEGA Sketchbook Prompt Bundle which you can buy here.
HUGE PROMPT BUNDLE