This resources includes student study guide worksheets / graphic organizer to be used for teaching art history.
This is a note-taking page that teaches students how to organize and summarize information about art historical movements, time periods, and cultures. It has spots for dates, location, title, style/conventions, media/art forms, context, themes/ideas, and an area to sketch.
How to Use These Worksheets:
* When I taught college Art History, I printed students a booklet at the beginning of the semester with all of the topics we would be covering the whole semester, and I taught them how to take notes and organize information into these categories. At the end of the semester, students turned these in to get extra credit on their final exam.
* You can also give students a non-Western art assignment. Give them a blank notes page and ask them to research a culture and take notes on the page and turn in.
* After a lesson on a particular subject, have students work in groups to fill this out based on what they learned in the lesson.
* Have students fill out one page after a homework reading assignment about an art history topic.
* Use as a planning document for a research paper.
* Use as a quiz, self-check, or test assessing student’s understanding about the topic.
In addition to a blank copy, the PDF includes worksheets for Prehistoric Art, Mesopotamia, Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, Byzantine, Romanesque, Gothic, Italian Renaissance, Northern Renaissance, Mannerism, Italian Baroque, Northern Baroque, Rococo, Neo-Classical, Romanticism, Realism, Hudson River School, Impressionism, Post-Impressionism, Fauvism, Cubism, Expressionism, Art Deco, Art Nouveau, Dada, Surrealism, Abstract Expressionism, Pop Art, Minimalism, Performance Art / Happenings, Contemporary Art, Post-Modernism, Islam, China, Japan, Indian, Africa, Oceania, and American Indian. If the topic you want is not on the list, just use the blank worksheet and write it in the spot provided.
This worksheet is included in the purchase of the Online Training: What is art history? Get the webinar, this worksheet, and a PowerPoint at this link.
If you are a member of The Art Curator for Kids Resource Library, you can get this lesson and all of my other resources including monthly online teacher trainings for one fee. Find out more information at http://members.artcuratorforkids.com/membership
After downloading this bundle, please return and leave a rating and a comment! Click the green star at the top of this page to "Follow" The Art Curator for Kids so you can be notified immediately when new items are added to my store.
Check out my blog HERE
Thank you for visiting!
Please e-mail me your questions prior to purchase: firstname.lastname@example.org