This is Set #3 of the "What Do Artists Do?" Series. If you have already purchased the full set of What Do Artists Do, then you would already have these.
This is part of a bundle of 82
signs answering the question: What Do Artists Do?
Save $$ by buying the entire package!
1. Artists use shapes and lines.
2. Artists use color to express mood.
3. Artists use movement.
4. Artists use juxtaposition, layering and surprising elements.
5. Artists play with size and scale.
6. Artists create and use symbols.
7. Artists use humor.
8. Artists use words and letters in their art.
9. Artists create from found objects and cast-off materials.
10. Artists use natural materials to create art.
11. Artists use unconventional materials to make art.
12. Artists develop art making skills.
13. Artists learn how to use tools and materials.
14. Artists express themselves through artistic choices including
media, techniques and subject matter.
15. Artists take care of their studios.
16. Artists develop a style.
17. Artists observe.
18. Artists explore playfully.
This is a colorful, thought-provoking set of signs about what artists do, what artists make, how they impact the world and what behaviors they have.
The grade level I teach is K-6, so these signs are geared for students in this age range. Middle schoolers can learn from them as well. They are clear and easy enough for most young students to understand. Many teachers are focusing on how artists work, why artists do what they do and the behaviors of artists.
Filled with colorful and important works of art from history and contemporary artists, these signs are perfect to introduce art class and answer the questions: What is art? What do artists do? Who is an artist?
The signs are arranged in one big PDF file, so you could project them through your computer as a slide show.