Use student's love of dogs and cats to teach them about warm and cool colors. Because who doesn't love a "cool cat"? And when they hear about the "hot dog", they can't help but giggle! This art lesson is a fun way to teach and assess student's knowledge about color.
This packet contains everything you need to teach the Hot Dog and Cool Cat lesson:
• Step by step lesson. (4 pages)
• Pre-assessments (1 page)
• Color wheels and color lessons (3 pages)
• Dog and Cat drawing sheets (6 pages)
• Sheet of rubrics & example rubric (2 pages)
• Sheet of labels (1 page)
• Pages for student-generated criteria for the rubric (3 pages)
I’ve included a version of this lesson with the British spelling of colour and favourite.
Click here to see more art lessons that teach about color.
This lesson is included in my Art Lesson MEGA Bundle
Thanks for visiting!