Use this roll and draw sheet, for a fun and engaging way to introduce students to the artist Joan Miro. Students will create a surrealistic skyscape in the style of Joan Miro.
• Roll the dice and pick a large shape to add to your paper. Draw it BIG.
• Add 3 horizontal and 3 vertical lines intersecting the large shape.
• Add 1-5 of each of the shapes you land on in the next 5 rolls.
• Add 4-6 more shapes that you wish you had rolled.
After having students follow the directions on the dice drawing sheet, the drawing can then be finished in a wide variety of mediums. For example, when I taught this art lesson, students created a texture with a crayon rubbing right over their pencil drawing, then they outlined their drawing with a black sharpie marker, next they used oil pastels to color in a few the bold colored shapes and finally painted a watercolor resist over the entire picture. You will get instructions for this lesson (which can be seen in the preview) along with 3 different choices for labels and rubrics to finish the lesson off.
What You Get
• 1 Miro Roll & Draw Page
• Roll & Draw Instruction (1 page)
• Lesson Instructions ( 4 pages)
• Label and Rubric Pages (3 pages)
Click here to see more Roll and Draw Sheets.
This lesson is included in my Art Lesson MEGA Bundle
Thanks for visiting!