This awesome lesson will teach your students about balance, symmetry, mandalas, and printmaking with rotational symmetry!
Included in this package:
• Teacher instructions with visuals
• Abbreviated student instruction sheet
• Grid paper template handout
• PowerPoint presentation with animated slides (to help students better visualize concepts and instructions)
• Links to two excellent videos about mandalas (one is Tibetan monks creating a sand mandala and the other is a girl drawing a mandala while explaining its origins)
• Sample project pictures with bulletin board display idea
• A couple more colorful alternative/options
Heavy white drawing paper (60lb+)
Scratch art foam squares (2”x2”) See an example here.
Dull colored pencil
Ink or tempera paint
Rolling surface (Plexiglas works great)
If you are interested in more art education products, consider investing in my
'Art with Mrs. Nguyen's Growing Elementary Art Bundle'!
If you are interested in buying my lessons in bulk, consider investing in my
'Growing Elementary Art Lesson Plan Bundle'!
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to contact me at email@example.com and/or leave some feedback! :)
Check out my Blog, Pinterest, and Facebook page for great ideas and giveaways!