No-prep lessons to get outdoors and learn the best way kids learn; hands on, exploring and inquiring!
From a teacher who grew up in Ontario Canada, taught in England and currently experiencing teaching outdoors in British Columbia.
There are 14 outdoor lesson pages in this package to get outdoors :)
These lessons are not meant to be one-off lessons. There are so many things you can do before and after to extend their learning!
Please remember to be safe to the environment when taking things. Preferably use items on the ground but if taking something living keep it fingernail size.
Overall lesson ideas included:
- Leaf rubbings
- Look for items in nature, based on the rainbow
- Design your own bug hotel
- Mix and make natural paint!
- Use natural items to make paintbrushes and record the variety of lines
- Design a portrait using natural items
- Listen to nature and record the sounds you hear
- Illustrate a birds eye view of a local area