Make your art SLO assessment process easier and more fun! This packet will give you what you need to painlessly assess, record, and teach your student learning objects. The SLO and lessons in this packet are geared toward the 2nd grade, although they could possibly be stretched to a grade above or below, depending on the experience of your students.
The SLO - Student Learning Objectives - for the lessons in this packet are:
• Students will use the elements of art to create a work of art that expresses a feeling.
• Students will describe how they used the elements of art to create a feeling in their art.
My goal is to:
• Provide teachers with a fun series of activities that will help students become successful in achieving the learning objectives.
• Give teachers a non-objective way to score the drawings and writings of students.
• Give teachers a simple way to keep records to demonstrate the results.
The following 2 books are used in this lesson:
Happy by Miles van Hout
Happy Dog by Lisa Grubb
What You Get
• Illustrated Instructions (5 pages)
• SLO assessment (1 page)
• SLO rubric (1 page)
• Record keeping page (1 page)
• Drawing sheets (3 pages)
• Student handouts (4 pages)
• PDF presentation (22 slides)
37 pages of resources to help take some of the stress out of writing and carrying out your SLO requirements.
This lesson is included in my Art Lesson MEGA Bundle.
Thanks for visiting!