Art Science ... Endangered Animals Earth Day Art Packet (6 printables)
You will download one ZIP File with 2 files: One Packet is JPG, the other is PDF
There are 6 Printables
1. Black & White Coloring Picture of Endangered Animals - it is light on purpose so the students can trace over the outlines or fill them in with thin markers. This is my original drawing.
2. List of Endangered Animals that are found in the picture. The names are not in alphabetical order, so that could also be an assignment.
3. Endangered Animal Worksheet. The student picks 3 species, and draws their habitat: food, shelter, water. There is also room in the small horizontal rectangle to write why they think the species is in danger and what they can do to help. The students are to draw the animal and its habitat in the larger blank space.
4. and 5. Endangered Animal Cards You can print these on card stock and laminate.
There are 18 colored pictures of endangered animals. The students can use these in their studies and drawings. If you print multiple copies, you can make memory games. There are no names on the animals intentionally. The cards can also be used as flash cards for identification. I did not make copies of all the endangered animals, as many that are missing are from Arizona. Students can do extra credit research for the endangered species not pictured.
6. I also included the blank template for the picture cards. I am sure you can find other uses for it as well.
Older Students: The endangered animals are listed in general terms. For instance, sea turtles. Students can research to find the different kinds of endangered sea turtles: loggerheads, green turtle, Kemp's ridley, etc.
Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns about printing.