These art class visual supports will help your special education students succeed in art! Add schedules, visuals, rules and communication supports to art activities with this resource.
Art projects can be challenging for students with autism. The sensory experience and fine motor requirements can lead to anxiety and frustration. Setting expectations and providing communication supports can help you reduce some of these challenges.
Use these visuals during your class art projects or give them to your art teacher and set your students up for success!
• Eighty schedule icons with art supplies, actions, shapes, and colors
• Mini communication boards for supply boxes
• “I want” communication strips
• Communication visual with requests for student desks
• Mini rules visuals for student desks
• Full page rules visuals
• Posters to tell student where project will go – home or stay at school
• Process not Product posters
• Green/Red schedule
• First/Next/Last and First/Next/Then/Last schedules
• Editable schedules (for 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 step process)
Please see the preview to ensure this resource is appropriate for your students (note - the editable portion is not shown in the preview). This file is zipped and includes one PDF and one PowerPoint file.
Other Visual Supports to transform your classroom
• Music Visuals and Schedules
• PE Visuals and Schedules
• Special Education and Autism Visuals Bundle
• Behavior Management: I Feel and I Need Visual Choice Board
• Behavior Management: Self-Calming Book and Choice Board
• Visual Schedules Bundle
Stay up to date!
Be sure to follow my store to be the first to know about discounts and new product releases! Click on 'Follow' near the top of any page in my store.
Please visit my website Adapting for Autism
for more resources and ideas for working with students with autism.
Thanks for stopping by!