Here is my way of introducing the children to colour mixing. With this simple project, the students learn how to create their secondary colours by using the primary colours.
I drew some examples of eyes and mouths for the younger students. They can be inspired by my examples or just glue them on.
- For preschool up to Grade 2.
- Drawing and painting
- Mixing colours
- Primary and Secondary colours
- Liquid tempera paint
- Paintbrushes and water
- White cardboard (scraps)
- Coloured felts
- Scissors and glue
- Black wax crayons
This document includes:
- An exhaustive step-by-step description with photos.
- Examples of eyes and mouths for the younger students ones.
- An evaluation rubric.
Bring some sunshine into your classroom!
Thank you for visiting my store !
I welcome feedback.
Your comments can help me make my resources better for you. In addition, when you give feedback, you receive TpT credits, which may be used to purchase any product at any store on the Teachers Pay Teachers website (subject to the site’s rules and regulations).
You can learn more by clicking on the link below:
Click Provide Feedback to earn TpT credits.
Every $1 spent = 1 credit
50 credits = $2.50 off a purchase
You may :
• Use this item for your own personal use.
• Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
• Copy this item for use in your classroom by your students.
You may not:
• Give this item to others, including other teachers.
• Copy this item for use by others.
• Post this item on a website, including a personal website, classroom website, or district website.
• Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.