Arthropods: Science, Math, Language, Movement, a Great Web Page
Use this amazing package of resources to introduce students to arthropods: insects, spiders, and crustaceans! Audio files, video files, and presentations included with your materials make presenting information to a variety of students fun and easy.
Images and a PowerPoint™ presentation introduce arthropods, the most numerous animal on the planet. Then, sort animals by one rule and two rules to practice comparing and contrasting arthropods with other animals.
Read a short text saved in three reading levels in English and two in Spanish or listen to a recordings of the essay.
An introductory PowerPoint™ presentation has been saved as a movie for students who benefit from seeing the information more than once.
Choose from four assessment options that make it easy to assess student understanding: a quick assessment, a pencil-and-paper assessment, a suggestion for the struggling student, and a suggestion for a capable student.
Scale images of arthropods up, color, cut, and staple to create a swarm in your classroom! This is a great visual focus for an open house.
Create a book about arthropods. Summaries of two dozen different arthropods saved in English and Spanish help students get started. Pages with an outline of the animal to color and lines for text help students create their pages.
Move like an arthropod. Brainstorm how animals move, watch several short videos, and then run relay races like an arthropod.
Would you like to introduce your students to animals? Consider these units in our store: BUTTERFLIES, FROGS, BIRDS, ARTHROPODS, WHALES, CATS.
Thanks for visiting my Simply Science store. Please take a moment to leave a comment when you purchase a product.
– • – ♥ – • –
Differentiate for your math students with simple, fun games in our Simply Math store.
– • – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – • –
Click on the ★ next to the name of my store to follow me and find out about sales and new products
– • – • – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – • – • –
Visit my blog to find resources for new teachers and "I'd like to teach more science" teachers!
CHECK OUT ALL THE AMAZING RESOURCES IN OUR STORE FOR BUTTERFLIES OR INSECTS:
• An Introduction to Arthropods – science, math, language, and movement activities.
• All About Arthropods – exoskeletons, molting, animal colors, and anatomy
• More About Arthropods – garden habitat, life cycles, and food chains.
• Arthropod Predator Game Review the characteristics of an arthropod with a fun, quick game kids will ask to play over and over.
• Food Pyramid Model for a Ladybug
• Food Pyramid Model for a Cricket
• Food Chain Mobiles for a Cricket or a Ladybug
• Model a Food Chain for Insects
• Life Cycle Mobiles for a Cricket and a Ladybug - FREE
• Resources for Teaching about the Life Cycle of an Insect
• Word Wall for the Life Cycle of an Insect
• I Have Who Has Arthropod Game
• Resources for Teaching about Insects
• Resources for Teaching about Butterflies
The adorable drawn images in this product were purchased from our friend at Educational Graphics Group. Check out many of her fun resources at our Simply Science or Simply Math store.