Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This Article of the Week bundle includes everything you need to implement this assignment in your class! The Article of the Week assignment, inspired by Kelly Gallagher, is an excellent way to get your students reading and writing purposefully and frequently. This assignment also helps broaden your students' knowledge of the world around them.
The Article of the Week Assignment Bundle Zipped File includes:
-7 high-interest, relevant articles for teenagers
• Merriam-Webster Decides that 2016 was a "Surreal" Year
• School Withholds Hot Lunch from Kids with Outstanding Cafeteria Bills
• Push to End Paddling in Schools as a Form of Punishment
• President Obama's Farewell Address Continues his Message of Hope
• High-tech School Monitoring: Safety vs. Privacy
• They Loved your G.P.A., Then They Saw your Tweets
• Should Students Be Barred from Taking Cell Phones to School?
-Response Questions for articles
-Assignment Introduction PowerPoint
-Close Reading Strategies PowerPoint
-Assignment Format Anchor Chart
-Writing Reflection Example
-2 Rubric Options
-Reference Sheets for Writing (Paragraph Stems, Transition List, Other ways to Say, ACES Paragraph, Using Direct Quotes)