Articles of Confederation.
Key words include:
Bill of Rights
This PowerPoint presentation examines:
- The fears the American citizens had in creating a new government after the injustice suffered by Britain.
- The creation of state constitutions and why some had a Bill of Rights
- The creation of the Articles of Confederation
- What the United States government looked like under the Articles of Confederation
- The reasons why the Central government was so weak and the potential consequences
Overarching Question (Thinking Focus Question):
Why did the states want a weak central government?
**CAN BE ALTERED!** This is lesson 1 of Forming a United States Government Unit. It comes with an engaging and visually appealing 29-slide PowerPoint presentation with easy to understand content illustrated with charts and pictures. This PowerPoint lesson is accompanied by a three-page graphic organizer - answer key included!
Here are other lessons in this unit you may be interested in:
Lesson 1: Articles of Confederation
Lesson 2: Northwest Ordinance and Shays' Rebellion
Lesson 3: Virginia and New Jersey Plans, Great Compromise
Lesson 4: Three-Fifths Compromise
Lesson 5: The United States Constitution
Lesson 6: Federalism, Checks and Balances
Lesson 7: Federalist v. Anti-Federalists
Lesson 8: Bill of Rights
UNIT: Forming a United States Government
Be sure to follow my store by clicking on the GREEN STAR next to my ZoopDog picture to receive notifications of new products. Thanks for stopping by my store!