Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
4.92 MB | 19 pages
No one ever remembers the Articles of Confederation, but everyone remembers the Constitution. Why? Because it was doomed from the start. This lesson brings a primary document, its downfalls and its overall demise to life through a series of lessons.
The lesson will get the kids involved in activities that mimic the actions of the founding fathers and address many different styles of learners.
Included in the lesson plans are:
1. Lesson plans and vocabulary words
2. A voting simulation as modeled after the 1st 13 states under the Articles
3. A transcript and subsequent lesson of the first 8 of the Articles of Confederation
4. Reading supplement that supports the weaknesses of the Articles
5. Graphic organizer (and key!) to follow the weaknesses of the Articles.
6. Political Cartoon Culminating Activity supporting the weaknesses and the end of the Articles paving the way for the Constitution.
The lesson include a day to day guide to follow as well as many activities. I love bringing things to life, and what better to way to "wake up" a normally dry and mundane document.
I hope you enjoy!!!!
PS. In addition to the manipulatives included, the best addition is direct contact with ME, the creator. I am just an email away and ALWAYS welcome feedback or questions on the lessons that I post.